MercyOne Clinton is looking for a Locum Medical Oncologist to cover for 2 weeks/month beginning in November.
• November – ongoing
• 2 weeks per month, Mon-Fri, 8a-5p
• No weekends, no call
• Outpatient coverage, addressing critical labs (hospitals manage inpatients)
• Patient population; adult and geriatric
• 70% oncology, 30% hematology, 0% IM
• 20 patients per day
• Trauma level 3
• Reason for coverage: provider is leaving
• EMR: Cerner and eCW
• Required procedures: management of VAD/CV catheters, order tests, order images, prescribe meds
• Administration of chemotherapy: nurse oncologist
• Client is preferring local candidates
• Credentialing timeframe: 1-2 months
• Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible (within 0-5 years of residency) –Required
• Active IA license or IMLC – Required
• Local candidates within driving distance – Highly Preferred
• COVID Vaccine – Required
About the Facility
Located on the bluffs of the Mississippi River, MercyOne Clinton Medical Center is a faith-based, full-service community health system serving residents in Clinton, Iowa, and surrounding communities in eastern Iowa and northwestern Illinois.
With a history dating back more than 130 years, MercyOne Clinton is proud to offer the latest in health and medical services with a caring, compassionate and personal touch.
MercyOne Clinton provides a broad range of services to meet the health care needs of residents in the bi-state area. With two main campuses, MercyOne Clinton operates 163 licensed beds. Services include a Radiation Oncology Center in affiliation with the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, two cardiac catheterization labs, renal dialysis and a trauma center. Residents also have access to the skill of MercyOne’s home health and hospice care, as well as quality equipment and supplies through MercyOne Home Medical Equipment.
As the areas largest employer, MercyOne Clinton’s staff of more than 800 employees are dedicated to providing excellence in patient care. Helping to care for the health needs in the community is the medical staff of more than 50 providers, many of which are board certified.
As a major provider of health services, MercyOne Clinton is committed to working with other health care providers to assure a full continuum of excellent, cost-effective health care services accessible to all persons. Recognizing the importance of maintaining health, MercyOne Clinton creates opportunities to promote wellness and assist people to take responsibility for their own health and well-being. In addition, MercyOne Clinton supports community programs and activities that enhance the cultural and economic prosperity of its associates and the community at large.