Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a physician (MD or DO) for Emergency Department coverage in Pipestone, located in southwest Minnesota near the South Dakota and Iowa borders.
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ ll take care of the rest.
PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (MD or DO) for PRN locum tenens shifts; ER coverage with some inpatient duties
- One in six weekend rotation; Need is primarily weekend coverage from Friday to Monday, 7a – 7a. Start time of Friday at 7p is possible
- Radiology on call 24/7; Lab on site 24/7; CRNA on call 24/7; General Surgeon on call about 80% of the time
- 16 IP beds; Annual volume: 3, 000
- EMR: Meditech Expanse
- Trauma level: IV
- Typical timeline to credential is 60-90 days
- Minnesota medical license
- Board certified or eligible, preferable in Emergency Medicine (EM) but Family Medicine (FM) and Internal Medicine (IM) will be considered
- Second and third-year residents will be considered
- Required life support certifications include ACLS, NRP, BLS, and ATLS (or CALS with Benchmark)
- Proof of COVID vaccination required. Religious or medical exemptions may be filed.
ABOUT PIPESTONE, MINNESOTA
Pipestone is located in southwest Minnesota near the South Dakota and Iowa borders and has a population of approximately 4, 300. Known for its red pipestone, Pipestone is a historical town rich in Native American history. It is also home to the Pipestone National Monument and several quartzite homes built mostly in the late 1800s. Throughout the year, the community hosts an array of festivals. Learn more at https://www.lifeinminnesota.com/11-fun-things-to-do-in-pipestone-mn/.