Locumpedia’s campaign renews the tradition of the now-defunct Locum Life magazine’s Locum Tenens of the Year award, which was a wonderful way for the industry to celebrate locum tenens providers — and, at the same time, remind the medical community of the importance of locum tenens in delivering quality healthcare to patients in need.
We thought this notion of unity was sorely needed in 2022, and we are proud to help the industry recognize the best of the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Nominations for the Locumpedia Providers of the Year will be accepted starting November 15, 2022.
- All nominations must be received by January 20, 2023.
- Locum Tenens Providers of the Year will be announced at the annual NALTO/NAPR conference on February 5, 2023.
Providers can only be nominated by locum tenens staffing agencies. Any authorized representative of an agency can submit a nomination, whether it be a recruiter, account manager, credentialer, accounting staff, or leadership team.
To be eligible for Locum Tenens Provider of the Year, physicians and APPs must meet the following qualifications:
- Practice exclusively in the United States
- Work in a generally recognized medical specialty
- Have a tenure of at least three months with the nominating agency
- Have exhibited outstanding patient care
There is no limit to the number of providers who can be nominated. However, we recommend focusing on the quality of a nomination rather than the quantity.
A maximum of 10 providers will win Locumpedia Provider of the Year. The minimum number will depend on how many nominations are submitted.
Any physician, CRNA, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant who works in a generally recognized medical specialty can be nominated
Nominations will be reviewed and voted on by an expert panel of judges:
- Dr. Vlad DZhashi, a locum tenens hospitalist and publisher of The Locum Tenens Guy
- Dr. Andrew Wilner, a locum tenens neurologist, video podcaster & author of “The Locum Life” book
- Robin Vovk, business development manager at Locumsmart
- Keri New, senior director of sales at Doximity
- Billie Wickstrom, news editor of Locumpedia
- Cory Kleinschmidt, founder and publisher of Locumpedia
- More judges to be announced soon
Winners will be announced by press release and at www.locumpedia.com/poy2022
Providers will receive recognition for their accolades in a profile written by and published on Locumpedia.com. Locumpedia will also make a $150 donation to a healthcare-related organization of their choice on February 5, 2023.
Staffing companies that nominate a provider who is chosen as a Locum Tenens Provider of the Year will be provided with a digital badge the includes the agency’s logo and the name of their provider that they can display on their website and in their marketing materials.
Submit a nomination in the form below.