Locumpedia joined NALTO-member companies, and other healthcare staffing agencies across the US, in recognizing National Locum Tenens Week, August 9-13.
Led by the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations® (NALTO®), the US healthcare staffing industry focuses the second week of August each year on recognizing locum tenens physicians and other ‘fill-in clinicians — as well as the healthcare facilities and offices they serve — for their contributions to patient care.
So, just how did the locum tenens industry do this? Following are a few examples.
- Interim Physicians honored physicians, and other healthcare professionals who work with the agency (some of them via decade-plus relationships), through a “thank-you” video featuring its agency recruiting team.
- ICON Medical Network Holdings President/CEO Janet Elkin shared two brief videos — one thanking “providers” who work with the company or its predecessors, and another (from Independent Anesthesia Services) thanking the CRNAs who ‘joined’ the ICON network in the past year.
- Along with its sister company Weatherby Healthcare, CompHealth honored locum tenens clinicians by asking them to vote — via LinkedIn — for 1 of 5 charities to which the agency would make a donation in their honor. The five charities listed in a linked survey were the Chest Foundation, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Doctors Without Borders, and the American Red Cross. [To whom would your vote go?]
- LocumTenens.com President Chris Franklin posted a “thank-you” letter, which celebrated locum tenens clinicians, many of whom had either worked close-to-home or “traveled cross-country during one of the most grueling years for any healthcare provider.” Franklin’s letter was followed by brief case-studies representing key audiences.
- All Star Healthcare Solutions honored Aimee Y. Yu, MD, posthumously, awarding her its annual “All Star Cares Award” for 2021. Dr. Yu was a critical care provider who began accepting locum tenens assignments with the staffing firm in 2019.
The National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations® (NALTO®) is the only professional association of temporary physician staffing firms committed to a code of ethics and to maintaining the highest industry standards.
Locum Tenens Events
- October 25 - October 28
- October 29 - November 1
- November 1 - November 30
Locumpedia is a locum tenens industry platform that helps physicians, staffing firms, and healthcare facilities make smart decisions with free news, resources, and tools. The company is based in St. Louis, Missouri, and is an official vendor member of NALTO, the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations.