Locumpedia joined NALTO-member companies, and other healthcare staffing agencies across the US, in recognizing National Locum Tenens Week, August 9-13.
Led by the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations® (NALTO®), the US healthcare staffing industry focuses the second week of August each year on recognizing locum tenens physicians and other ‘fill-in clinicians — as well as the healthcare facilities and offices they serve — for their contributions to patient care.
So, just how did the locum tenens industry do this? Following are a few examples.
- Interim Physicians honored physicians, and other healthcare professionals who work with the agency (some of them via decade-plus relationships), through a “thank-you” video featuring its agency recruiting team.
- ICON Medical Network Holdings President/CEO Janet Elkin shared two brief videos — one thanking “providers” who work with the company or its predecessors, and another (from Independent Anesthesia Services) thanking the CRNAs who ‘joined’ the ICON network in the past year.
- Along with its sister company Weatherby Healthcare, CompHealth honored locum tenens clinicians by asking them to vote — via LinkedIn — for 1 of 5 charities to which the agency would make a donation in their honor. The five charities listed in a linked survey were the Chest Foundation, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Doctors Without Borders, and the American Red Cross. [To whom would your vote go?]
- LocumTenens.com President Chris Franklin posted a “thank-you” letter, which celebrated locum tenens clinicians, many of whom had either worked close-to-home or “traveled cross-country during one of the most grueling years for any healthcare provider.” Franklin’s letter was followed by brief case-studies representing key audiences.
- All Star Healthcare Solutions honored Aimee Y. Yu, MD, posthumously, awarding her its annual “All Star Cares Award” for 2021. Dr. Yu was a critical care provider who began accepting locum tenens assignments with the staffing firm in 2019.
The National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations® (NALTO®) is the only professional association of temporary physician staffing firms committed to a code of ethics and to maintaining the highest industry standards.