Veterans Evaluation Services (VES), a Maximus company, is a government contractor helping our nation Veterans. They’re seeking General Medicine Providers to perform Compensation & Pension exams + Separation Health Assessments across the country. Looking for providers within 30 miles of the city.
• ASAP – ongoing
• Willing to accept providers with sporadic availability – will be on an as-needed basis.
• Willing to accept these specialties: family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, etc, or anyone with a background in general medicine, or experience with compensation and pension.
• Two (2) options – Travel and perform exams at VES leased facility and/or schedule Veterans within your own practice
• Day Shift: Option to work ½ days and/or full days
• One-Time non-treatment C&P exams + separation health assessments
• Exams are primarily interview-based with some physical assessment: range of motion testing, muscle strength testing.
• No prescribing, no treatment
• Quick credentialing & onboarding
• DMA certification available (can get CME credits)
• Use of Goniometer required
• Familiar with Musculoskeletal, Diabetes, and Cardio required
• Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions.
• Own personal laptop (NO MACs)
• Training shall be provided for all Reporting/Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)/Independent Medical Opinion (IMOs)
• Reporting/DBQs/IMOs must be submitted within 48 hours upon exam completion – no narrative report. End product is completion of standardized form(s).
• Evaluations to be completed in VES’s provider portal
• Record review is required in most cases
• Proficient in METs testing, evaluating and diagnosing respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological conditions – Required
• Own a laptop (no Mac/Apple products) – Required
• Must follow rate structure and meet rate requirements – Required
• Must be willing to wear a mask during all visits – Required
• Previous compensation and pension evaluation experience – Highly Preferred
• Provider within 30 miles – Required
• Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible within 0-3 years of residency – Required
• Active and unrestricted full license – Required