Wapiti Medical Staffing is seeking a physician (MD or DO) for Emergency Department coverage in Waverly, located in northwest Iowa.
Wapiti covers malpractice insurance, offers flexible scheduling, and provides travel assistance for locum assignments. Bring us your skills, experience, and passion. We’ll take care of the rest.
PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES / FACILITY DETAILS
- Physician (MD or DO) needed for PRN locum tenens ER coverage
- Shift options: 12 hour shift max length. Shifts range from: 7: 30a-7: 30p, 7: 30p-7: 30a in the summer months and will transition to 6: 30am-6: 30pm.
- Trauma Level IV
- 7000 annual volume (19 patients daily)
- EMR: E Clinical Works
- Typical timeline to credential is 4 weeks
- Iowa medical license and DEA/CSA
- Must be board certified or eligible in Family Medicine (FM) or Emergency Medicine (EM) by American Board or American Osteopathic Board. American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) boards will not be accepted.
- Emergency Room experience required
- Medical residents are not accepted at this time.
- Required life support certifications include ATLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP. Will waive these requirements for ABEM or AOBEM physicians.
- Flu and COVID vaccines required
ABOUT WAVERLY, IOWA
Located in northeast Iowa, Waverly is a beautiful, extraordinary community of over 10, 000 residents. It is a place where families thrive and a community where residents enjoy a high quality of life, a bustling downtown and a college town atmosphere.
Waverly’s central business district spans the Cedar River, while numerous other businesses and industries are uniquely nestled throughout the community. An impressive inventory of community assets includes 12 miles of recreational trails, two 18-hole golf courses, a spectacular public library, a top-flight indoor recreation center, and abundant cultural opportunities that can only be found in a college town.
Waverly’s downtown is designated as a Main Street Iowa District. The district is home to a quality mix of service businesses, specialty shops, destination stores and restaurants. These businesses along with others are part of Waverly’s evolving “life and leisure” business clusters. Learn more at http://www.waverlyia.com/chamber-of-commerce/visitors/about-waverly.aspx.